Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Teacher

Hey y'all! Today I'm participating over at Blog Hoppin' for Meet the Teacher Monday.
***
Tell us a little something about you....
My name is Gladys, I am a 1st grade teacher, mother of four married to the most wonderful man...my life may be a little crazy sometimes, but nonetheless I absolutely LOVE it! 

How long have you been teaching?
This is my 6th year teaching in my current school district...I taught Kinder for 3 years before graduating to 1st, and I have to say that 1st is my absolute favorite! Yes, kinder kids are little and cute...but I love, love, those little firsties! These kiddos are genuinely interested in learning, they are inquisitive, fun, and fabulous! I am always floored by the progress they make in 1st grade...I'm telling 'ya it's absolutely amazing!

You might not know...
I love to dance! As a child I took ballet and in my teens I was on my high school dance team...I LOVE to dance...not only is it fun..it's also a great way to get your exercise on and stay in shape. I honestly wish I had more time to take a dance class or even Zumba...how fun would that be?!

What are you looking most forward to this school year?
I am really looking forward to building a strong community of learners. I want my new firsties to love reading as much as I do...I want them to be life long readers and learners, and to enjoy being a student in my classroom. 

What do you need to improve? 
I have a lot of things that I would like to improve...but this year my main focus is math. I tend to be more literacy inclined...I love, love, love reading and writing and could teach those two subjects ALL DAY LONG! For me, loving math has always been a bit of a struggle...but I am really going to try harder this year. I really am. Promise!

What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?
I couldn't live without my Scotch laminator, Flair pens, and Mr. Sketch markers. My little heart also does cartwheels at the sight of cute notebooks, binders and sticky notes. Oh and I have to say that this little list would not be complete if I did not mention my crazy addiction for books...I totally *puffy* heart my books...they are definitely something I could not live without!
***
So that's it for me my lovelies...it's now your turn to go link up at Blog Hoppin' for Meet the Teacher Monday. Have fun!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment