Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11...I Remember.

I remember that day as if it were yesterday. 
I remember exactly what I was doing and how I felt when our great nation came under attack. 

I was at home, taking care of my little one when I turned on my TV and saw Katie Couric trying to explain the events unfolding in NYC. 
I remember being confused, in shock...not fully realizing what had happened. 

Then, I saw the 2nd plane hit the South Tower of the WTC. 
That image will stay with me forever. 
I felt terrified, sad, and heartbroken. 
How could this be happening? 
Who could possibly do this?

The sadness was overwhelming and for a long time afterwards I was fearful of what would happen next. 

On that infamous day...
September 11, 2001 
life as we knew it changed forever. 
Lives were lost, heroes were born, and our tenacious spirit triumphed. 

Our beautiful country united...Americans came together stronger than I had ever seen before. 
On this day there was a sense of unity in our broken spirits. 
And a feeling of hope in our broken hearts. 

There was solidarity, there was strength...and the American spirit prevailed. 
One nation, under God, Indivisible

In memory of those brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can enjoy our freedom. 
Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment